Industrial warehouses are structures with specific building, structural and technical characteristics and are mainly created to meet the production needs of companies.
An industrial warehouse is a single-storey building, with large free spaces that allow you to easily distribute the sequence of any production process (with conformation in line or by sections), generally also equipped with a mezzanine floor for offices for about 15-20 % of the total area.
The construction type of these buildings can be of the prefabricated type with reinforced concrete beams and pillars and side closures in prefabricated panels, or with a steel supporting structure with roofing and walls in sandwich panels.
The type of steel with the same covered surface generally allows greater advantages both for less demanding foundation structures and for the timing of assembly.
The construction type of the industrial building allows a functional optimization of the interior spaces, easily adaptable to any production process with variations in the internal layout based on the production needs of the moment.
In any case, the characteristics of industrial buildings are linked to the cadastral categories to which they belong. In the classification of the land registry, in relation to the intended use, they are divided into various categories such as:
– warehouse (C2)
– artisan workshop (C3)
– factory (D1)
– buildings built or adapted for the special needs of an industrial activity (D7)
– buildings for production functions related to agricultural activities (D10)
Each cadastral type corresponds to a production activity with different building characteristics capable of responding in an increasingly adequate way to the needs of the company.
Main phases of the construction of an industrial warehouse
The technical design
The design phase, generally entrusted to the technicians appointed by the client, involves the study and development of the technical solution most suited to the production needs of the applicant, as well as obtaining various permits and authorizations.
Beginning of the works: the construction site
The works begin with the construction of the foundation works: tracing, excavation of the ground, preparation of the reinforcements (with the installation of templates and anchor bolts for subsequent anchoring of the supporting steel columns to dry the concrete), casting of the reinforced concrete foundation and backfill.
In the meantime we proceed simultaneously with the production of the metal structure in the workshop:
– fabrication of metal structural work components (cuts, perforations, welds – with dimensional and welding checks based on the execution class of the order);
– surface chemical treatments (galvanizing and / or painting) for protection from atmospheric agents;
– pre-assembly of the structure (which, depending on the size of the components, can take place in the workshop or on site before launching).
The metal structure, produced and pre-assembled, is transported to the construction site where we proceed with the assembly of columns, connecting beams, bracing, trusses and purlins, and then carry out the assembly of the insulated metal panels for the roof covering and the cladding of the walls. .
The industrial warehouse, based on specific productivity needs and project forecasts, will be completed with:
– industrial doors, windows and / or doors;
or, previously also equipped with additional components such as:
– metal mezzanines (for offices or warehouses)
– internal, external, safety metal stairs (for the conveyance of ordinary movements or in case of emergency)
– seafaring stairs (for safe access to the roof)
– metal shelters (for vehicle shelter and / or goods storage)
– pipe rack (for connecting production lines between different departments / sheds)